Gabb and Co is one of the few firms in the locality that can offer experience and expertise in the ever changing area of employment law, where issues with employees can prove costly and time consuming.
As employees become increasingly more aware of their rights it is vital that employers are up to date with developments in employment law and obtain specialist advice when it is needed in order to reduce risk and avoid significant costs down the line.
Associate Emma Jones, assisted by Solicitor, Zoe Jury, provides a comprehensive service to employers ranging from PLC'S to smaller owner managed businesses on all aspects of the law and practice including:-
- Drafting Contracts of Employment and Staff Handbooks
- Drafting Directors Service Contracts and advising on Restrictive Covenants
- Advising on policy issues, such as E-mail, Internet and Equal Opportunities Policies
- Assisting with day to day HR issues eg holiday pay, sick pay, maternity and paternity rights
- Agreeing swift exits for employees and preparing Compromise Agreements where severance terms are agreed between an Employer and Employee
- Advising on employment disputes to bring them to a swift conclusion
- Acting on clients behalf in Employment Tribunal proceedings at which point we can provide expertise in advocacy.
- Advising on the complex areas of redundancy, changing terms and conditions and reorganisations
to new clients who would like to meet Emma or Zoe to discuss the application of employment law in general terms, and have their own employment practices reviewed by experts without financial commitment. Having Emma and Zoe on hand to guide you through complex issues can help to ensure that you avoid the stressful and expensive pitfalls which face all employers, regardless of their size and resources.
We appreciate that sometimes HR issues can be a real drain on business time and resources but legal advice is often crucial to finding a way forward. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with prompt, practical support and advice to help deal both with day to day employment issues and, where necessary, employment disputes in a cost effective manner. Both Emma and Zoe have been consistently appreciated for their "no nonsense" style and straightforward advice.
If you would like to talk to us, please contact Emma Jones or Zoe Jury at our Abergavenny office, to discuss your business needs and/or to arrange an Employment Health Check.