Court of Protection - Deputyship

Are you concerned about a friend or relative’s ability to cope with dealing with their financial affairs as they have not made an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) or Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)?

If your friend or relative no longer has capacity to make a Lasting Power of Attorney, an application will need to be made to the Court of Protection to appoint a family member, close friend or a professional to be the person’s Deputy. A Deputy can be appointed to assist with the financial affairs of the person who has lost capacity.

Gabb and Co are specialises in this area and can be appointed as a Deputy by the Court of Protection if appropriate.

For more information on capacity you can visit the Court of Protection’s website at

What should I do now?

If you would like to talk to us about making an application to the Court to be appointed as someone’s Deputy or for further advice please contact a member or of our team or Click here to fill out our online enquiry form.